Monday, October 17, 2011

IA Part 2

1) My learning of the design cycle will help the community by preparing me for the real world and all the obstacles I will have to overcome. It will give me a process to follow in order to complete assignments given to me during everyday activities such as jobs. Knowing this will help me to become a productive member of society, therefore helping the community as a whole. I could also share my knowledge with others to help the community.

2) My future projects could become better if I would spend more time to go into details and improve on little mistakes that I might have done. I have noticed errors on my projects before, but felt that if I tried to fix it, the entire project could mess up. I could also try to come up with more creative ideas that would demonstrate the topic better. I feel that sometimes my ideas are not the best I can think up of, but I go through with them anyway. There are many things I can do to improve future projects, but I felt that those two were the most important out of them.

3) From this project, I have learned that I am cautious and somewhat apprehensive when using the computer. I must get rid of that fear and try to accomplish more challenging things. I will do this because I want to be better than average, and go above and beyond in everything I do. I will also try to avoid procrastination and get things done earlier, while they are fresh in my mind. This is because sometimes I get sidetracked and actually forget to do the assigned task until I remember it the day before the assignment is due. I would like to avoid that and make my life less stressfull.

4) I feel that my final product is an adequate learning tool that will be benificial to young audiences everywhere. For the Investigate Stage, I rate myself a 4. I was able to research two options and rate them on a rubric of my design. I did not grade myself higher because I felt that the rubric I created did not cover all of the criterion that should have been covered. In the Design stage, I gave myself a 5. I created three designs, and made a specific design specification. I made sure to cover all the bases and choose the right design from those points. The reason I didn't score myself higher was because there might have been more points I could have added to better my design specification. On the Plan stage, I gave myself a 4. This is because, while my plan was straightforward and easy to follow, it was very vague. This made it easy to get sidetracked. For the Create stage, I gave myself a 5. I was focused and was able to create a quality product that was within my time limit. I worked hard to make sure it was a professionally made quiz and not a poor product. It turned out just as I hoped it would, except for one thing. It was a tad bit confusing to answer, but I explained this to my recipients. On the Evaluate stage, I gave myself a 4. While the survey I made was simple and related to the topic, I wasn't sure if I gave the kids the questions that they would remember from taking my quiz. I didn't want for them to get the survey wrong because they couldn't remember the question. Finally, on Attitudes in Technology, I would rate myself a 5 because I was constantly motivated and dedicated to completing the project to the best of my ability.

5) If I could do my planning differently, I would make the plan more detailed in order to know exactly what I'm doing at a certain time. I would also put more emphasis on the time, in order to not get so distracted and focus on the task at hand. I would make sure to put due dates in my planner and mark them so as to notice them better. As for the execution, I would not change a thing. I felt I was efficient and motivated during the creation of my product, and I was able to finish it with time to spare.

No comments:

Post a Comment