Thursday, November 10, 2011

PSA PLAN worksheet


  1. What issue/ topic did you choose? Digital Rights and Responsibilities
  1. Why is this important? It is important to understand your rights in order to know when your rights are being violated and how to stop the instigators.
  1. Who do you want to reach? (target audience) I want to inform my classmates in 6A.
  1. What is the behavior your looking to change? I am looking to inform people on their Digital rights and responsibilities.
  1. Why doesn’t the audience already engage in this behavior? They either don't know their rights on the internet or do not adhere to their responsibilities.
  1. What emotional appeal can you make? I can create a feeling of anger and unfairness in the audience.
  1. Belonging; Power/Control; Fun: Safety; Your control of the internet.
  1. Put your audience in a situation/scenario where the issue would come up in their lives.
Someone has posted onto their blog their distaste of the government and what he would do differently if he was president. This comment is taken as a threat against the government and is taken down, and results in the man's arrest.
  1. Where are they? (setting) In the man's office, A government officials office, jail cell.
  1. Who is there? (characters) The man, government official, jailer
  1. What’s’ going on around them?  ( ambient sound) People are working and talking around the characters.
  1. What are they saying? (dialogue)
Man: Grrrrr... I am so angry with the way our government is run! I know! I'll post a complaint on my blog!
(Types in message saying the president should be killed and communism should be the law of the land.)
Government Official: Good Lord! This lunatic is trying to overthrow the government! I'll put a stop to that!
(Government Official goes and arrests man)
Man: What are you doing?! You can't do this to me! I have the right to freedom of speech!
  1. Who is message brought to you by? ( Station; organization)
Electronic Frontier Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment